Over the last decade, Costa Rica has evolved from being a mere eco-tourism destination to a country of choice for foreigners, particularly from United States and Canada, seeking quality healthcare services and surgeries at a much lower price than their home countries. In a report from McKinsey & Company, it was highlighted that medical tourists from the United States and Canada prefer Latin American countries like Costa Rica due to the shorter travel time, affordable costs, and an opportunity for a memorable vacation.
Now you can finally get that procedure you’ve always dreamed of at an exceptionally reasonable price. With a wealth of skilled surgeons and state-of-the-art medical facilities, Costa Rica is internationally recognized as a top-notch medical tourism destination. Find out how you can benefit from some of the best cosmetic surgeons in the world, without breaking the bank.
Why Costa Rica?
With its beautiful scenery, friendly locals and temperate climate, Costa Rica has long attracted travelers in search of adventure and relaxation. What many are quickly realizing is that Costa Rica is much more than an eco-tourism destination. It is also home to highly trained physicians that provide quality health care at a fraction of the cost compared to the United States and Canada.
Each year a growing number of tourists visit Costa Rica to receive cosmetic surgery on what have been dubbed ¨medical vacations¨. In an era of rising health care costs and decreased medical coverage, the concept of combining surgery with travel has taken off.
The last decade has seen a boom in the health tourism sector in Costa Rica, especially in the area of plastic surgery. The country’s excellent reputation is directly linked to the professionalism of its internationally-trained doctors and array of cost-effective procedures. In fact, cosmetic surgery is so affordable that the total cost of a medical vacation in Costa Rica including airfare, accommodations and a few days of sightseeing is often far less than the procedure alone would cost in the United States. Plastic surgeries cost a third or even a fourth of what they do in the U.S., without compromising quality or results.
Modern Hospitals & High Standards of Care
Over a million Americans partake in medical vacations every year, and thousands are drawn to Costa Rica’s modern hospitals and private clinics which have Board Certified surgeons, many professionally trained in North America or Europe. They offer patients a variety of cosmetic surgery procedures using the latest technology, at affordable prices.
A face lift in Costa Rica costs around $3, 000 while the same procedure in the States costs anywhere from $7,000 to $15,000. International hospitals are staffed with fully certified bilingual surgeons that cater to foreigners seeking superior medical care. Additionally, the Costa Rica Board of Plastic Surgery offers prospective clients a list of certified and credentialed physicians who are members of the association.
- Quality of healthcare in Costa Rica is among the top nations in Latin America, a rank that is even better than the United States.
- The close proximity of Costa Rica to the United States and Canada makes it an ideal destination for North American medical tourists.
- Language will not be a barrier as hospital staff and most of the locals can speak English.
- The culture in Costa Rica is family-oriented, friendly and visitors are assured that they will receive a warm and hospitable welcome not only by the hospital staff and crew but all other locals as well.
- The cost of medical treatments in Costa Rica ranges from a third to even a fourth of what it can cost in the United States or Canada.
- As required by law, medical practitioners carry liability insurance at all times, giving patients protection and coverage from malpractice.
- Costa Rica is known as a prime Eco-tourism destination so visitors are assured of majestic views, amazing destination spots and a temperate climate, which assures medical tourists of an excellent vacation experience conducive for recovery and relaxation
- Costa Rica is strict with regards to overstaying visitors and may be stringent in providing visas for anyone with previous overstaying records. They are also meticulous with regards to documentation requirements if visitors are accompanied by children.